It has been three wonderful years since we started delivering cheesemaking workshops in Kangaroo Valley. During that time we’ve seen the appetite for cheesemaking grow across our local community and interest in our activities grow around the world through our social media channels.
Our latest challenge was to set a new World Record for the World’s Largest Cheese Tasting event.
In a tribute to the origins of our cheese making workshops, our Record attempt took place during the 2019 Kangaroo Valley Agricultural and Horticultural Show.
Our goal was to have more than 700 tasters to help set a new World Record. On the day we were delighted to have had 1,000 people participate and many more arrive whom we were unable to accommodate in the available space.
We’re delighted to confirm our attempt was formally recognised as a World Record!
A special thank you to everyone who came out to taste cheese with us, we’re so touched by you coming down to the Showgrounds! This attempt took hours of effort and donations from many people and organisations, so we’d also like to thank:
* Unicorn Cheese, Bodalla Dairy Shed and Bega for donating incredible cheeses
* Flinders Workwear and Embroidery in Nowra for kitting out our volunteers in terrific red hats
* the Kangaroo Valley Show Committee and the Kangaroo Valley Chamber of Commerce and Tourism for backing us
* our many wonderful volunteers for your enthusiasm and tireless support
* Peter Wilkins for being a wonderful MC
* Carole Willman for being our knowledgeable on-site expert
* our three on-site officials: Captain Warren Bairstow – Commanding Officer of HMAS Creswell, Rev Andrew Paterson, Rector of Kangaroo Valley Anglican Church and Andrew Smee, Principal, Kangaroo Valley Primary School